Elite Supply Chain Solutions Sales Engineer Job
Title: Sales Engineer
Branch: This position could be located in Indianapolis, IN; Louisville, KY; Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO
Job Summary: This individual is responsible for increasing the sales and gross profit of Material Handling Systems, Equipment, Design and services available from Elite Supply Chain Solutions (ESCS) and for developing Customer relationships. Additionally, this individual is responsible for achieving agreed upon results in accordance with the determined ESCS Performance Expectations.
- Create sales, gross profit and achieve the identified sales and gross profit expectations
- Obtain, maintain and optimize Customer relations through planned and regular sales visits and communications
- Use of SalesForce.com (Customer Relationship Management tool) in compliance with current Company policies
- Identify target prospects and create/implement strategic action plans to develop the accounts as Customers
- Follow-up on all Customer leads from external and internal sources
- Maintain Customer information files and notes within the CRM system in accordance with Company policy, procedures and requirements with periodic review with management
- Participate with product and service promotions from external and internal sources
- Manage all custom programs installed at the assigned accounts
- Initiate, maintain, manage and process proposals and orders in accordance with Company policy, procedures and requirements
- Resolve any Customer issues, problems or complaints to satisfy the Customer
- Support account terms and assist in account collection if required
- Participate in determination of any appropriate credits and/or returns
- Enhance vendor relations by supporting programs and working with their representatives
- Attend and participate in all sales or Company meetings
- Participate in Company sponsored training sessions for enhancing selling skills and technical knowledge
- Produce periodic budgets, plans of actions, summaries and other reports or lists as required by management
- Communicate regularly with inside sales personnel and management
- Present a professional image in personal appearance, dress and preparation
- Follow Company and Sales Department policies and procedures
- Pursue increasing knowledge of the Territory, Markets and Competitors
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Experience in industrial capital equipment sales, selling six to seven figure solutions to Executives and Committees
- Great interpersonal skills – Displays honesty, ethics and integrity at all times
- Ability to organize a selling plan and exhibit time management skills
- Competency in time and account management
- Strong skills in: prospecting, active listening, questioning, uncovering problems or client objectives, uncovering budget, understanding the prospect’s decision making process, proposal development and presentation, account retention, verbal-telephone and written communication.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and dependable vehicle
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, web searches, etc.
- Must meet physical requirements of the job
- Must have prompt and regular attendance, self –structured, urgency, will to win, ability to develop meaningful bonding and rapport, have balance in life, and be a team player.
Relationships: Reports to President of Elite Supply Chain Solutions
Working Conditions: Flexibility to work when Customer needs require it and may exceed a 40-hour work week with some overnight travel and weekend work. The Branch office location is the Sales Engineer’s primary office location. The Sales Engineer must have a reliable car to use for considerable travel in the territory. The position is exempt from paid overtime.
Interested candidates should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Elite Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer